insert quippy title here

This used to just be a way to pass the time at a job where very little was expected of me and with very little oversight. Things are a little different now. I work in insurance and, well, I sort of hate it. Constantly. I'm not sure what that has to do with this blog, except that it is about to become the place where I spew the vitriole that has built up over the last year and a half. It's this or I burn the place down, and that sounds like fun, but I'm sure it would just be a hassle.

Name:
Location: La plus-ou-moins-belle province., Canada

I started this thing working at a job I loved, where I had nearly unlimited internet access and free time. I was basically paid to do nothing. Now I work for an insurance company. I just cried, just now.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm so screwed.

You know, it occurred to me last night that I'm getting married in less than 2 months, and we haven't done a god damned thing to get ready. I mean, nothing. I know it's been done in shorter periods of time, but I'm not likin' this at all. No justice of the peace, no appropriate clothes, no music. No invitations. No rings. We are so fucked. At least that's what everyone says.

This being the 3rd or 4th date that we've post-poned to, I don't think convincing Kym to put it off again is in the cards. Not to mention the parents. Dear god, the parents. They have all sorts of helpful (read: worse than useless) recommendations of the half-measures and comprimises we can submit to in order to have some sort of wedding on October 7th. Rented tux. A local minister who's just been ordained. And so forth.

Now, we want a secular wedding; no religious overtones or undertones. Not into the church thing, us. And a rented tux... No, Roger, just no.

I have no idea how we're gonna pull this off, really. I shudder to think of the scenes that will no doubt be occurring between now and then. These scenes are likely to include:

1) A wedding-dress-related meltdown.

2) A wedding-cake-related meltdown.

3) A guestlist-related meltdown of biblical proportions.

4) A sudden panic related to the honeymoon (which, in passing, has barely been discussed at all).

I'm gonna need more vodka.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home