insert quippy title here

This used to just be a way to pass the time at a job where very little was expected of me and with very little oversight. Things are a little different now. I work in insurance and, well, I sort of hate it. Constantly. I'm not sure what that has to do with this blog, except that it is about to become the place where I spew the vitriole that has built up over the last year and a half. It's this or I burn the place down, and that sounds like fun, but I'm sure it would just be a hassle.

Name:
Location: La plus-ou-moins-belle province., Canada

I started this thing working at a job I loved, where I had nearly unlimited internet access and free time. I was basically paid to do nothing. Now I work for an insurance company. I just cried, just now.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What was I thinking?

I just realized something that most grooms figure out at one point or another, most of them sooner than I have, I'm sure.

Weddings aren't for grooms. Weddings are for brides and parents.

Grooms just need to be told when to show up. Grooms are there so that everyone has something to point at and snicker while waiting for the main event (read: the bride's entrance).

A groom's main concern is staying the fuck out of his fiancee's way as she plans what the day will entail. A groom sits quietly and waits to find out which tux he will be wearing. He is there to nod in approval to whatever he is told.

And if he's told to rent a tux, against his wishes, than that's what he'll fucking do. If he's told that a string arrangement of "Nothing Else Matters" is not going to happen, then it's not going to happen.

And that was the Venting Minute with the Dude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Berry said...

You're too funny. It's like you don't even know that the groom has no say in the marriage, not just the wedding.

You do know that, right?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Just Spence said...

I do now... The bright side is I don't really have to do anything. I'm getting a lot of practice in on my non-committal grunts.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home